Day-by-day everything is becoming increasingly expensive people are trying to spend with care. They want to ensure that they spend money on things that are really worth it. At the same time, the hectic lifestyle leaves very little time for a trip to the local shopping center or to ask a trusted friend. This is why the Internet has become an extremely important place for locating things people want. Today, a lot of people depend on the Internet to form opinions and locate things that they want. They use the Internet to check out any available deals, check whether the business seems reliable, and even read reviews left by previous customers.
That is why most small businesses need a website of their own. Not having one makes the business look outdated and prevents people from taking it seriously. However, there is a downside to this too. Most small businesses do not have the capital or the resources to get a domain and hire people to create and maintain a site. That is why it is important that you learn how to create free websites. All it takes is five steps and lots of preparation.
- What is your business all about? Now it might come as a surprise, but you first need to determine what exactly your business is all about. This is because no two businesses are the same. Even two burger joints aim for different things. That is why you need to be very clear about where you are in your business, where you want to go, and your overall aim.
- Who are your customers? Knowledge of your customers is just good business. Before even thinking to create free websites, you first need to know who your customers are. Are you frequented by working women between the ages of 30 and 40 or young men between the ages of 15 and 25? Knowledge of your customers is very important for you to know how to pitch yourself and appeal to them.
- What do the customers want? Another important aspect is determining what the customers want. No, it doesn’t mean that you need to determine which products they are likely to buy. It simply means that you find out what kind of information they would want from your website. Also, find out which information would be something they would want to know immediately and which information they would want to look for. For example, most potential customers would definitely want to know what your store is all about before asking about any discounts on specific products.
- What is your plan? With all the information at hand, you can match potential customers’ preferences against what you are willing to offer and then create a plan. The plan should include the number of pages you would have, the main focus point of each page, how each page should be linked to other pages, and the content of these pages.
- What is your ideal website creator? With all this information at hand, you can check match each free website creator with your requirements. You can determine whether their free packages would help you create free websites that appeal to your customers. Also, determine if their package includes all the essentials that you would want, including unlimited storage, round the clock monitoring, and technical support.