In addition to the excellent content and good design, a website should be user friendly also. If the website owner makes his website easier for the visitor, they stay longer on the website and there are more chances of their conversion into permanent customers. He can follow the following 10 tips to make his web design user friendly:
- The web design must contain complete contact information for the visitors. The option like email, phone number, fax and others like office addresses, etc. should be mentioned so that the customer can contact the organization or individual for his queries.
- It must contain an easy to use navigation bar. It helps to attract the new visitors and making it easy for them to navigate the page in one or two clicks.
- Selecting the appropriate font size and color is very important for making the website user friendly. The color must give a pleasing and soothing effect to the eyes of the visitor. The font should be big enough and readable for the user.
- The links to different social networking websites must be placed on the top of the home page or the landing page so that the visitor can easily find them.
- Using powerful headlines is a very good idea of attracting the visitors to the website. These headlines are always successful in catching the attention of the people and encourage them for becoming the permanent customers or to make a purchase.
- It is important to make sure that the images do not take away all the focus. Complete and right information must be attached to the images to make them meaningful and interesting for the visitor.
- If the website owner is encouraging the visitor to visit all the pages of the website then attaching a site map is very beneficial. It helps the visitor as well as Google to locate the other pages of the website.
- Before publishing the website on the internet it is always advisable and beneficial to proof read the content of the website for the grammatical and spelling mistakes. The spelling and grammatical errors can distract the visitor on the site.
- The website should not contain any type of flash work. It not only makes the loading of the website easy and fast, but also allows the visitors with slow internet connection to visit the website.
- The web pages of the website must be addressed with an appropriate and common name. It not only makes it easier for the visitor to find the page he is looking for but also increases the rank of the website on the search engine.
The usability of the website cannot be compromised when it comes to web development and designing. The web design created must be user friendly to make the stay of the visitor longer on the website and also for increasing the rank of the website on the search engine.