The challenge of running a small business advertising campaign isn’t that you have small ideas; it’s that you have a small budget. While your head might be in the clouds when it comes to the results you expect from your advertising campaigns, your bottom line is probably firmly planted in reality.
How do you reconcile your ambitions and goals with your budget? You get creative. You start thinking outside the box. And you certainly keep reading and check out these small business advertising ideas for those who can’t afford to spend much.
- Google Adwords Express: As is so often the case, you can turn to Google for a solution to your problem. Specifically, you can use Google Adwords Express to save money on small business marketing because Adwords Express is specifically targeted to people like you – in other words, people on a limited budget.
- Adwords Coupons: A great way to get your feet wet in the world of small budget marketing is simply to start advertising for free. Well, perhaps acquiring a coupon isn’t technically “free” if you have to do a little work to search for it, but you’d be surprised at how many opportunities there are for free advertising credits out there.
- Social Media: It’s free to use – the only thing it will cost you is time. You can use social media to interact with customers, to advertise your latest offerings, to solve problems, to share your best ideas and basically become an online advertising whiz. Sometimes it can seem like talking to yourself, but if you stick with it, you’ll find your audience – and your customers. Make sure to post your URL on all of your profiles so people can easily find their way over to your website.
- Sponsor Events: Go to your local Chamber of Commerce and inquire about sponsoring events in your area. You might be able to get your company’s name out there for a fee that will actually surprise you.
- Barter Your Database: A database of customers is a valuable thing; you might be able to work out a deal with another business (one that isn’t competing for the same customers, of course) in the same location.
- Giveaways: Looking for a way to add intrigue to your social media offerings or your latest advertisements? Give away some inexpensive items for free to lure people into clicking your way.
Try out these small business advertising ideas and you can get a big impact and grow your business without a big budget.