The term ‘responsive web design’ refers to the websites that can automatically adjust and alter their form and looks for optimal viewing on different screens of varying sizes or dimensions, as in case of tablets, Smartphones, iPods, kindles, laptops and desktops. Such a design is also known as “RWD” or ‘fluid design’. Altering websites that can’t fit on varying screen sizes is not easy, and responsive web design solves this problem in the right way. As there are many institutes and learning centers that provide training of web designing and development. In addition to this many online sites and online tutorials are also there for user assistance.
The user can learn the following things with the help of internet:
- Principles of web design, designing with Photoshop
- Planning concept for a website
- Converting PSD into valid HTML and CSS
- Making site responsive with Twitter Bootstrap
- Integration of eCommerce functionalities like the payment gateway, web shop, etc.
Though the user can build a site with the help of online web builders or tutorials, but in case of responsive web design it is better to follow some recommendations and here are some of the basic requirements that the user must have:
- Passion for web design
- Adobe Photoshop, code editor, grid system.
- Little knowledge of CSS and HTML is advised.
- Reliable internet connection and print material
What a user can acquire from this course offered either by physical institutes or online tutorials?
- Learn the principles, philosophy and history behind flat web design.
- Learn to plan a website
- Think of a concept and use wire framing and sketching.
- Learn to design pixel-perfect flat designs.
- Learn to turn a PSD into valid HTML and CSS.
- Also learn how to use and take advantage of Twitter Bootstrap.
- The user is able to make his website responsive.
- By the end of the course User must be able to build his own website from scratch and can apply the ideas, skills and concepts learned here.
What is the target audience?
- People who want to make their living as freelance and explore their technical skills, in order to earn more.
- Beginner web designers looking to explore the whole process.
- Web designers willing to improve their skills and master flat web design.
- Web developers who want to understand the design process in better way.
- Designers who want to learn to code or technical aspects of web development.
In addition to tips and recommendations given above, a comprehensive and attractive labeling also plays an important part in Responsive Web Design. Typically, the most of the search engines get puzzled while examining the mobile sites, as the content also gets compressed in the responsive designs. The search engine robots are not able to process the same kind of search result, particularly in the absence of proper labeling. Integration of such features with the Responsive Website Design has gained wide acceptability from both the users and designers. The main advantage of this tool is its reading opportunities and easy navigation.