As lives are getting busier and travel is increasing, it is getting more and more difficult to find time to do daily chores. An increasing amount of people are looking for ways to save time. Whether it is ordering take outs or shopping from the comfort of home or office, shortcuts are being preferred. This has opened a new opportunity for several small businesses. Online take outs have become very popular along with online shopping. In this scenario, if you have a small business, it is a good opportunity to create an online shoppe and capitalize on this trend.
But creating an online shoppe is a lot of work, isn’t it?
Actually, if you plan properly and use a do it yourself small business website builder, it is very easy to create an online shoppe. Let’s take a look at how you can create a cybershop.
- Products on sale: The first thing you need to do for creating a cybershop is to know what you want to sell. Make a list of all the products you want to sell along with the details of each product. Along with the list of products, determine the amount of time it would take to source each type of product and if you plan to have an inventory, detail the quantities of each product you have on hand.
- Transport options: Another important aspect of an online shoppe is to decide how the products would be delivered. These transport options should detail the method of transport and the areas to which you would extend your transport services. Additionally, you also need to determine whether you would charge users for transporting products to their homes and if the charges would be applicable for high-value or local delivery products.
- Target market: With product and transport options detailed, you need to specify the people you plan to target. List the attributes, such as age, preferred occupation, and known hobbies, of your target market. Depending on this information, list the marketing strategies and promotions that would attract these people. Also, detail the types of advertisements and promotions that these people are likely to notice.
- Select a small business website builder: With all background details planned out, make a list of essential and preferred components of your online shoppe. Also, mention the monthly amount, preferably a range, you are willing to pay. Based on this information, shortlist the small business website builders that offer these components either for free or at a price that is acceptable for you. You can make your selection based on the additional or optional components. However, whichever website builder you select, should have e-commerce and intuitive content management components.
- Create and test: With a small business website builder selected, you can sign up, select and customize an appropriate template, and then use the content management tool to create your online shoppe. This shoppe should be easy to navigate, pleasing to look, and light to load. With everything ready, use a couple of different computers to test each feature of your shoppe before finally publishing it.