How is a website responsive?
Responsive website design is any website that is designed in such a way that helps it to adapt to all kinds of different sized screens like desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smart phones.
The website adapts itself to all types of screens by changing its appearance for being viewed properly and for functioning in an optimized manner.
The future of any website is definitely responsive website design since a website which is not responsive fails to perform on other devices. Viewing the website itself will have its difficulties and it will be tough to navigate if not impossible.
Many clients prefer the responsive website design mainly due to its easiness in updation. A single update to change the design or update the information is reflected instantaneously across all platforms. Having a different version of code for every type of screen and user possibilities will require that many updations one after the other which will not reflect instantaneously across all platforms and will cause deviations.
How Responsive website design works
Responsive website design works with a basic design at the heart of the code. There is a script which enables the detection of the size of the screen of the user. The screen size from which the user logs into the website is detected whatever device it may be, weather a desktop, tablet, laptop or a smart phone. Once screen size is detected, the appropriate CSS is used. The CSS helps to display the website in the proper format. The sizes of the images are reduced where necessary to fit the smaller screens. The text is enlarged to make navigation easier. Menus can be changed to fit the size of the screen appropriately as a drop down or a horizontal system.
Advantages of a Responsive website design
Though the time taken to develop a Responsive website design might be a little more than a stand alone website, it carries enough advantages to make anybody opt for it without a second thought.
- The website adapts itself to all types of screens like desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones
- Viewing the information and navigation is easier even in smaller screens
- The experience of an user is enhanced drastically since they can use the website anywhere
- A single updation is reflected on all types of screens compared to separate versions where one have to do an updation for every version used.
- Customer satisfaction is increased which leads to loyal customers and hence an increase in sales