Irrespective of whether you are an individual seeking to showcase your skills, a small business owner looking to expand your horizons, or an experienced person looking to share your knowledge with others, you cannot ignore the Internet. Today, the Internet is growing very fast and has almost become an irreplaceable part of our lives. After getting ready and leaving for work, most working people check their e-mails. It is now common to find people who look for everything they want over the Internet. From garments, shoes, accessories, and groceries to expensive furniture, plumbers, accountants, and rental apartments, everything is available on the Internet.
So why should you be left behind. Shouldn’t you also have a website of your own? Two of the main reasons for not creating one are because it is expensive and requires a lot of time. Actually, creating a site of your own is pretty simple. It can be very cheap and even a no cost venture that takes very little time to create. However, to do this you need to do the homework and know what to look for. Let’s take a look at how to create a free website easily.
- Decide what you want: Before you create a site, you first need to decide what you want to achieve from it. Do you want to use it to showcase your business or skills or do you want to establish yourself as a small business venture that only sells quality products? Do you want both? The answers will help you determine exactly what you want to achieve.
- Determine who your audience or customers are: The next important part is to determine who you want to target, who your target customer is. Determine the age range of your customer and their probable occupations. After all, your products or services would not target all people in the selected age range.
- Determine what your customers or audience wants: You also need to determine what your target customers or visitors would expect from your site. What would an average person want? Would they want to know exactly what you offer and the area you cover or would they want to know more about your credentials and whether you are qualified enough. These things would help you decide what you want to include in your site.
- Plan your site: The next step is to plan the structure, number of pages, and the content of these pages. The plan should also detail which page should be the home page and should outline the points the home page should contain. Also plan how each page can be accessed so that a visitor can open any page by using a maximum of two clicks.
- Select a builder: Now you are ready to create your free website. Just select the builder that offers the best combination of features, templates, and support system at no cost. Then select the template that matches the personality and the needs of your customer. Then create the site you planned as per your plan. And the best part is that with all the background work, you can create your free website within 5 minutes and this background work will also bring you closer to your own business. A perfect example of a win-win situation.