With the enormous popularity of smart-phones, tablets and other handheld devices, the demand for responsive website design is going at peak than ever. Now a day, more and more websites are accepting responsive layouts and no doubt this trend is expected to become more passionate as the number of mobile Internet users are increasing day by day. This development has created incredible demand for the web developers and designers proficient for the services of a widely adaptable system of website layouts or designs. There are many responsive themes, already existing on the internet and in the market from major theme providers that definitely meets the business requirement of the user.
Resources to be considered while creating a perfect and a sleek responsive design
- HTML5 Core (including HTML5 semantics, audio and video, Advanced HTML5 APIs etc.)
- Responsive web design by creating fluid and responsive layouts from scratch.
- Pixel based layouts, icons, videos; responsive images and much more.
- Strategies and tools for designing the user interface and static comps for responsive web sites.
- HTML5 Boilerplate, Initialize, Modernizr and responsive layout with twitter bootstrap 3.0
What is a responsive menu?
Responsive menu in simple definition is “the menus, which provide accommodation to display the things on different mobile devices, according to the screen size are called responsive menus”. These can be made with the accurate use of languages like PHP, CSS and HTML5. These menus are the entry point to various website pages and are designed to assure smooth flow of navigation for tablets or mobile devices. Most of the popular and highly accepted responsive designs should include the following:
- Responsive and Mobile-Ready
- Affinity or Page Builder Magic 2 pages or easy integration
- Automated interface (UI) inside Dreamweaver
- Auto Converter to update existing PMM1 or PMM2 menus
- Easy Alignment options (left, right, or centered)
- Auto Converter for DMM Menus
- Window or menu edge detection
- Eight thoroughly modern CSS style themes
- Optionally set rounded corners, box-shadows in UI and transparency.
- Root menus can be either vertical or horizontal
- In place of background images CSS3 linear gradients used
- Insert Multiple menus on a page and can add non-link titles to sub-menus
- Automatically highlights 9 Animation options and current page link.
- Included Breadcrumb Trail Builder (example in the footer)
- Advanced CSS3-based menu animations to add images to menus
Why one should make use of responsive designs?
These days this question is of utmost importance, especially for those who are still using the old or basic web designs for their websites. Responsive website design not only allow the user to view a website on his mobile or tablet, but also offer him independence to make use of technology anytime anywhere. Functionality and services like menus line up offer an easy way to view the website, and they also open the entry doors to the website features that facilitate easier navigation with amazing user interface. The responsive designs are easily operatable through finger and thumb operation and these menus fit the ‘squeezed in’ design.